To apply for the Professional Program, you must:
- Either initiate a major change through Athena.uga.edu (if a current UGA student) or apply to UGA through Undergraduate Admissions (if not yet a UGA student)
- Once admissions decisions are made, any major change requests for accepted students will be approved.
- Be sure to choose the official major, not the intended major (for example, choose “Water and Soil Resources,” NOT “Water and Soil Resources Intended”).
- Need Help? Major Change Walkthrough (pdf)
- Fill out and submit the Professional Program Application below.
- You may apply for fall semester or spring semester admission.
The pre-professional core curriculum must be completed prior to the term of entry, although you may apply before all of your courses are finished.
- For students starting UGA as first-year students or students transferring from a non-USG (University System of Georgia) school:
- For students transferring from a USG (University System of Georgia) school:
A maximum of 75 students will be admitted each semester. The minimum GPA required for admission will change to maintain this number. Currently, students wanting to enter the professional program should aim to maintain an overall GPA of 2.50 or higher.