|Warnell Help Emailemail@example.com|
|Malissa Russell||Bldg. 4-328||762-499-4667|
|Rodney Thomas||Bldg. 4-329||470-739-0830|
|Antivirus: Trend Micro||Malissa||Information|
|Backups (server & shared folders)||Malissa|
|Check-Out Technology Equipment||Rodney||Information|
|Classroom Technology||Malissa||Computer, projectors, audio, document cameras, Sharp Interactive boards, etc.|
|Computer Configuration & Assistance||Malissa|
|Computer Labs||Malissa||4-419(GIS), 4-515(Grad), 1-201, 1-210 (laptop only)|
|Warnell Continuing Education Online||Ingvar Elle||Ingvar: 4-508, 706-543-0566|
|Course Evaluations||Jenny Yearwood||Information|
|File Transfer: UGA Send Files||Malissa||Information|
|GIS lab (4-419)||Tripp Lowe||Tripp: 4-514, 706-542-1074|
|Graphics & Photography||Wade Newbury||Wade: 1-214a, 706-542-0260|
|Ink/Toner/Paper – Lab Printers||Rodney||Paper in main office|
|OneDrive: Collaborative Online Files||Malissa||Information|
|Online Learning & Courses||Malissa||Office of Online Learning & CTL|
|PAWS Secure Wireless / eduroam||Malissa||Information|
|Plotter (GIS lab)||Rodney||Tripp: 4-514, 706-542-1074|
|Printer Maintenance||Rodney||Will contact an outside contractor for major repairs|
|Qualtrics Survey Accounts||Malissa||Information|
|Shared Folders on Server||Malissa|
|Site Licensed Software||Malissa||Information|
|Social Media||Kristen||Kristen: 1-208, 706-542-2079|
|Student Tech Fee (STF) Information||Malissa|
|Video Services||Rodney||checkout equipment|
|Warnell Logo & Others||Kristen Morales||Information|
|Warnell News||Kristen Morales||Kristen: 1-208, 706-542-2079|
|Warnell Online Calendar||Kristen Morales|
|Websites (Lab, Club, etc.)||Kristen/Malissa||Information|
Printing Posters on the Plotter in 4-515
Many of you will need to use a plotter to print a poster for class or a conferences. We strive to keep them working and ready to go but they can be a fussy machines. Try not to wait until the night before your plane leaves to attempt to print your poster.
Please follow the instructions on the wall and/or check with Malissa or Tripp if you need help.
The poster plotter (HP DesignJet Z6200) is installed in the Graduate Student Computer Lab, Building 4, Room 515. You will need a key-card to access this space. These can be checked out (with a check or money order deposit) from Ashley McCullough in Room 2-225 M/F 1-4, W 9-12/1-4.
The plotter can print up to 42 inches wide. You can, however, use 36" paper. Many conference posters are 48x36. In this case, 36" paper is better because you do not have to cut any off. Another option is to resize your poster to fit the 42" paper.
You can use the plain paper that is currently on the roll. If you want glossy paper, you should check with your major professor/lab/other group to see what they have or buy a roll with other people. You can then change out the paper to print your poster. If you need help with what to order, see Malissa. Currently, we recommend B&H Photo selling HP Paper ( 36" Gloss, 42" Gloss, 36" Plain, 42" Plain)
Please monitor the levels of toner and printhead life and alert Rodney, especially in times of heavy use. We usually have extra toner and printheads but ordering can take several days.
The old 36" plotter in the GIS lab is out of ink and is being retired.
Planning ahead is always recommended but we realize that it is not always possible. If you are in a jam and need a poster, below are some pay alternatives for you. This is not a complete list - just a few places on campus and in Athens where you can pay for a poster.
|College of Education
Office of Information Technology
|$6 per sf
|232 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton Street
|Graduate School||Free printing but you supply the paper
size limited to 24x64 max
210 S. Jackson St.
Tate Center Copy Print
|375 Tate Student Center||706-542-8493||Link|
|Vet School (not sure if you have to be a vet student)||$5-6 per sf||Educational Resources
UGA College of Vet Med Building 2
|Harsh Jain, 706.542.5775, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thel Melton, 706.542.4957, email@example.com
|College of Public Health||$30 +$10 for rush||RM 008, Rhodes Hall, UGA Health Sciences Campu||(706) 296-4576 (Ben Morrison) or 706-255-7225 (Maria Cleghorne) CPHOIT@UGA.EDU||Link|
|UPS Store||1720 Epps Bridge Parkway Suite 108, Athens, GA 30606Phone: 706-543-5431||706-543-5431
|Bel-Jean||163 E Broad St
Athens, GA 30601
|(706) 548-3648 firstname.lastname@example.org||Link|
|Athens Printing Co||1135 Cedar Shoals Dr.||706-353-2632||Link|
|FexEx||2235 W. Broad St.||706-353-8755||Link|
Warnell provides laser printers for student use in these locations: 1-201, 1-210, the alcove next to 1-215, Building 4 Lobby, 4-419 (GIS Lab use only), 4-515 (Grad Computer Lab, grad students only).
Printers in 1-201, 1-210, 1-215, and the Building 4 lobby can only be accessed through wireless printing with your own laptop or other portable device. They can be added using the printer IP address, which is attached via a label to the front of the printer. Instructions with visual aids for adding these printers to your laptop or wireless device are here:
Warnell students pay for this resource with their student tech fees. Please do not share this resource with students from other schools/colleges/units.
If you need paper/toner, please email email@example.com.
Accessing Folders On Warnell Server
- Personal data for Faculty, Staff, and Student should be stored on Microsoft One Drive
- Faculty, Staff and Students are given access to necessary shared Warnell directories.
- The simplest way to access these folders is to log in with your MYID and password on any machine that is joined to the UGA msmyid.uga.edu domain.
- On a Windows machine these folders are automatically mapped to drive letters.
- If off campus, first go through the Remote Access VPN (https://eits.uga.edu/access_and_security/infosec/tools/vpn/)
- The default folder access for most users is:
- N: Class folders. This is a repository for materials you would like to automatically make available to your students. You should have full rights to this folder and all subfolders.
- Either OneDrive or Google Drive is available for file storage.
- Either OneDrive or Google Drive is available for file storage.
- N: Class folders. This is a repository for materials your professors make available for you. You should have read only rights to these materials.
- O: Giff folders. This is data that is made available by our GIS/Spatial group for use in the Spatial Labs and courses. You should have read access to this folder and subfolders.
We offer several different ways to connect with remote participants for meetings, guest lectures, presentations, etc. Your remote participant may be limited on what they are allowed to use, always check with them. If they are in the field or somewhere with slow bandwidth, consider limited your use of video and/or screen sharing.
- 3 conference rooms are equipped with permanent camera/mic/speakers.
- Keadle Conference Room (2-201) & 4-132: can be accessed & controlled using the AMX touch panel next to the monitor. Camera is on the back wall, mic and speakers are in the ceiling.
- 4-301: A Logitech conference camera/mic/speaker is attached to the computer via USB cable. You can move it around to get the best view.
- We have several webcams and/or USB headset/mics available to checkout. These can be used in the other class/conference rooms or on your office computer.
- Zoom(free): instructions for claiming a faculty, staff, and student personal account.
- Remote participants are sent details and a link that can be used on a computer or mobile device. They can also call in using a phone number.
- Sign in either through uga.zoom.uga or through the desktop application.
- Zoom features:
- video, audio, chat
- share screen
- up to 300 participants
- video/screen/audio recording
Warnell OIT offers checkout equipment to Warnell students, staff, and faculty.
- 3 Dell Precision Laptops: These are available for up to a week. Most relevant software is already on these machines, but requests can be made to install particular software.
- 6 GoPro Hero 8 Kits: GoPros come with protective casing, a media mod, and various accessories. They can be checked out for up to a week. Faculty who would like to use them regularly to weekly classes can check them out for up to a day and a half at a time. Contents of GoPro Kits | Instructions
- 5 Wacom Intuos Tablet Kits These tablets can be used to write on digital whiteboards and draw on screens in real time. They can be checked out for up to a week. Faculty who would like to use them regularly to weekly classes can check them out for up to a day and a half at a time. Contents of Tablet Kits | Instructions
- 3 Projectors 3 projectors for projecting media from a laptop or other personal device may be checked out for up to a week at a time.
- Webcams: A limited number of webcams are available for checkout on an as needed basis.
To checkout this equipment or for inquiries about other equipment such as cables, keyboards, mice, etc., e-mail OIT at firstname.lastname@example.org
Solstice Pod Collaboration
Welcome to the Solstice Pod in the Wilson-Greene Student Lounge
Connecting with iOS:
- Download the Mersive Solstice Pod App from the Apple’s App Store
- Launch the Solstice App
- Enter a screen name for your device. i.e. Warnell iPhone
- Enter the IP address displayed on the screen
- Enter the key code displayed on the screen
- Start sharing content!
- To Mirror the screen, tap “mirror screen” in the solstice app
- Go to iOS control center and select Wilson-Greene Lounge
- Input the key from the display
- Within the app you can choose the main content for the screen by moving data to he side of the main screen or back to the center to display
Connecting with Android:
- Download the app from Google Play
- See Brent Peterson 4-329 for instructions how to connect and use Android OS.
New to Campus? Start Here!
Helpful Sites at UGA
|EITS Help Desk||(706) 542-3106, email@example.com|
|MyUGA Portal||Major services at UGA including technology training (lynda.com)|
|UGA Systems Status||Report or check on technology system problems|
|CTL (Center for Teaching & Learning)||Provides campus-wide leadership on matters relating to instruction|
|OOL (Office of Online Learning)||Develops & manages UGA online degrees, programs & courses|
|eLC (Electronic Learning Commons)||UGA's learning management system|
|UGAMail & OneDrive||UGA's mail and file collaboration system|
|Vlab||Virtual lab for remote access to site licensed software|
|SendFiles||Securely transmit sensitive or large files|
|Listserv||Email list management system|
|UGA Training & Development||Have some courses in technology|
|Site Licensed Software||Variety of software for download/use by UGA|