The Technical Forester will work collaboratively with the Resource Unit Team to achieve financial goals and desired outcomes. Provide technical assistance to both the Timber Marketing and Resource Land Management team through timber cruise data collection and sale preparation including sale area design, map preparation, forest inventory and stand mapping. This position will coordinate and work with consultants performing additional cruising and inventory, and will be responsible for audit work as necessary. A thorough knowledge of state BMP’s and SFI principles is required. The technical forester will also assist with other land management, timber marketing or non-timber projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform timber sale cruising, cruise work-up and sale layout.
- Perform Resource Unit inventory, seedling survival and post thin measurements.
- Assist with the coordination and auditing of contract cruising in the Resource Unit.
- Collaborate with LIS on contract inventory measurements for the Resource Unit.
- Prepares timber sale maps, and update stand mapping in LMS as needed.
- Contributes to overall Resource Unit team performance.
- Maintain a safe work environment for company personnel, contractors and other stakeholders.
- BS Degree in Forestry or technical degree in forestry with equivalent forestry exposure to timber cruising/forest inventory
- Must have an understanding of State BMP’s and SFI principles, GIS and forest inventory measurement methods
Come grow with us! We are, a team that works together to create value by maintaining a strong safety culture, challenging the status quo, giving back to our communities, being innovative, continuously learning and leading the way. After more than 90 years, Rayonier is still uncovering new ways to make lives better with our trees, our land, and — our most important resource — our .
We strive to create an employee experience that makes you proud to be a part of the Rayonier team. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment where you can be who you are and valued for your unique talents and perspectives. Rayonier is big enough to offer you professional growth and development opportunities, yet small enough for you to know every coworker by name. Come join a team that empowers you to make a difference!
Apply online at www.rayonier.com/careers
Rayonier is committed to maintaining a drug free work environment that promotes diversity and is free of discrimination.