The primary duties of this position involve running the hunter check station. The position will be 37.5 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday afternoons/evenings.
PURPOSE OF POSITION/SUMMARY:
This position serves within the Environmental Management Branch of the Indiana Army National Guard. Camp Atterbury located near Edinburgh, IN is the primary duty location for this position. The position will conduct tasks that implement the Camp Atterbury Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan (INRMP).
• Wildlife monitoring
• Wildlife trapping
• Invasive species removal and management
• Pesticide application
• Prescribed fire implementation as a member of a crew
• Land rehabilitation
• Chainsaw operation
• Water quality monitoring
• Fleet maintenance (e.g., general cleaning, mileage logs, etc.)
• Supervise Indiana Department of Corrections work crew members
• Assist other program areas such as hazardous material management, storm water pollution prevention, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned to meet the overall needs of the environmental program
Assist with emergency spill response.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES/DIRECT REPORTS:
Incumbent has no supervisory responsibility.
Fieldwork requires greater than usual physical exertion to hike across rugged terrain with heavy equipment and to occasionally be exposed to extreme weather conditions for extended periods. Projects may extend beyond normal duty hours and involve weekend work as mission dictates. Some second/third shift night work should be expected on an intermittent basis varying seasonally in support of nocturnal wildlife surveys and monitoring efforts. Potential also exists for night work related to wildfire suppression activities.
• Valid high school diploma or GED; or one (1) year of work experience
• Valid driver license
• Indiana Department of Corrections Work Crew Boss (training & certification provided)
• Possess or obtain pesticide license of RT or greater
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds several times a day
• Ability to stand or stoop for extended periods
• Ability to carry a 40 pound pack over rough terrain
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word)
Applications must be submitted through the following link: