This position will provide assistance to the Wildlife Management program at all levels of operation including wildlife habitat management through mechanical and chemical invasive species control, prescribed burning, and tree/shrub/prairie planting, as well as habitat reconnaissance, surveying wildlife populations, and assisting with cwd sampling and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience related to wildlife ecology and habitat management
- Good organizational skills, ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and the public
- Ability to pass the physical Work Capacity Test at the moderated testing level
- Possession of a valid Drivers License
- Possession of S130/190 Prescribed fire training
- Chainsaw experience and safety certification
- Knowledge and experience with computer programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
**** Due to the nature of this position the Department of Natural Resources will conduct a comprehensive criminal background check on applicants prior to selection. Pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the DNR does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.
The DNR is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
RE: Job Code 13429
Application materials will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.