The Student Ambassador Program provides opportunities for you to grow and develop beyond your educational experiences. As a Student Ambassador, you’ll represent the School at University functions and off campus as well. You will be afforded the opportunity to participate in numerous events such as Homecoming, Georgia Forestry Association’s Legislative Day, recruiting trips throughout the state, receive your Project WET, WILD and PLT Certifications, and much more! You’ll also mix and mingle with alumni and leaders in the forest resources professions.
Benefits to you:
- Opportunities to build close connections with Warnell faculty, staff, alumni and fellow students
- Opportunities to interact with forest resources leaders from the private and public sectors
- Leadership Training and Experience Certification
- Special Recognition at Alumni and School Events
- Free stuff! Every ambassador will be given a Warnell School polo shirt, padfolio, and other professional items.
Ambassador Selection Criteria:
- Enthusiasm for the Warnell School and Natural Resource Professions
- Awareness of the importance of internal and external relationships to the School
- Commitment to meet monthly as a group with other Ambassadors
- Willingness to attend functions outside of School hours and possibly make presentations
Interested in applying for the ambassador program? Application information will be emailed to all students in late February/early March.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Student Relations & Outreach Coordinator
Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources