Welcome, Prospective Transfer Students!
The Warnell School admits students in two categories: pre-professional and professional students.
- Pre-professional students are students who are taking pre-professional core curriculum courses either at UGA or at other institutions and have not met the entrance requirements for the professional program.
- Professional students are students who have been accepted into the professional program after completing the entrance requirements. Some major-level courses are restricted to students in the professional program.
The core curriculum consists of 60 semester hours plus one hour of physical education. This meets the University Core Curriculum requirements. It may be completed at the University of Georgia or at other institutions.
- For students starting UGA as first-year students or students transferring from a non-USG (University System of Georgia) school:
- For students transferring from a USG (University System of Georgia) school:
Applying to UGA
Regardless of status, all students wishing to enter Warnell must apply to UGA through Undergraduate Admissions.
To enroll as a professional student, you must also apply for the professional program.
Transfer Applicant Minimum GPA Requirements
- Students must have completed a minimum of 30 hours to be eligible to transfer to UGA.
- 30-59 transferrable hours - 3.3 or higher transfer GPA required
- 60+ transferrable hours – 2.8 or higher transfer GPA required
- PLEASE NOTE: Minimum GPA requirements are subject to change at any time. Please check with Undergraduate Admissions for the most current information on transfer requirements.
Transfer Application Process
- Apply early. UGA application deadlines are early and strictly followed.
- Complete, submit and pay for the Transfer Student Application through Undergraduate Admissions. Be sure to indicate "Forestry and Natural Resources" as the school/college in which you plan to enroll.
- Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to Undergraduate Admissions by the issuing institution.
- To enroll as a professional student, you must also apply for the professional program.
Transfer of Credits
Students taking the pre-professional course work at another institution should contact the Student Relations & Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or view the Transfer Equivalency Website to verify transfer credit.
UGA Transfer Orientation
Transfer students accepted to UGA must attend UGA Transfer Orientation where they will be advised and will register for classes.
Given the effect of COVID-19 on our campus and world, New Student Orientation will be delivered virtually this summer. UGA’s Online New Student Orientation Experience will be consist of online orientation learning modules, opportunities to connect virtually with other incoming and current UGA students, and webinars around certain topics that will help create an successful transition for our incoming students. New students will receive detailed emails from New Student Orientation in the upcoming weeks with details and instructions. If you have any questions about the Online New Student Orientation Experience, visit our online orientation FAQs or email the NSO team at firstname.lastname@example.org.