Welcome, Potential First-Year Students!
Applying to Warnell
- Potential first-year students wishing to enter Warnell must apply to UGA through Undergraduate Admissions. Current UGA students wishing to enter Warnell should see our information for current and returning UGA students.
- UGA application deadlines are early and strictly followed.
- Be sure to indicate "Forestry and Natural Resources" as the school/college in which you plan to enroll.
High School Preparation
High school students wishing to pursue any Warnell major will benefit from taking multiple years of high-school chemistry. Students may also gain college credit while in high school if they earn certain scores on AP and other tests.
UGA First-Year Orientation
First-year students accepted to UGA must attend UGA First-Year Orientation where they will be advised and will register for classes. Prior to and during orientation, students have opportunities to take different placement tests. As Warnell does not have a foreign language requirement, we recommend that students take another placement test, like the math placement test, unless the student has a desire to continue in a language at UGA.
The core curriculum consists of 60 semester hours plus one hour of physical education. This meets the University Core Curriculum requirements.
- For students starting UGA as first-year students or students transferring from a non-USG (University System of Georgia) school:
- For students transferring from a USG (University System of Georgia) school:
Completion of the core curriculum is one of the requirements for graduation, along with completion of the major courses. Some major courses are restricted to students in the Warnell professional program. Students must apply for the professional program when they will have the entrance requirements complete for their program(s).