Welcome, Potential First-Year Students!
Applying to Warnell
- Potential first-year students wishing to enter Warnell must apply to UGA through Undergraduate Admissions. Current UGA students wishing to enter Warnell should see our information for current and returning UGA students.
- UGA application deadlines are early and strictly followed.
- Be sure to indicate "Forestry and Natural Resources" as the school/college in which you plan to enroll.
High School Preparation
High school students wishing to pursue any Warnell major will benefit from taking multiple years of high-school chemistry. Students may also gain college credit while in high school if they earn certain scores on AP and other tests.
UGA First-Year Orientation
First-year students accepted to UGA must attend UGA First-Year Orientation where they will be advised and will register for classes. Prior to and during orientation, students have opportunities to take different placement tests. As Warnell does not have a foreign language requirement, we recommend that students take another placement test, like the math placement test, unless the student has a desire to continue in a language at UGA.
Pre-Professional Core Curriculum
The pre-professional curriculum consists of 60 semester hours plus one hour of physical education. This meets the University Core Curriculum requirements.
- For students starting UGA as first-year students or students transferring from a non-USG (University System of Georgia) school:
- For students transferring from a USG (University System of Georgia) school:
Completion of the pre-professional curriculum is one of the requirements for entrance into the professional program, which consists of the major-level requirements. Students must apply for the professional program.