• Participate with our Technical Services team, which provides various technical services to FRC managers and clients.
• Develop an understanding of the FRC business model, especially the importance of producing high quality products in a cost‐effective manner.
• Develop a thorough understanding of ArcGIS and associated tools, including an
understanding of relational databases such as SQL Server and their use at FRC.
• Maintain and update property level spatial and attribute data within ArcGIS or similar systems.
• Develop an understanding of FRC’s internal inventory processor and assist with inventory design, processing, and reporting.
• Provide support for FRC’s handheld field data collection systems and inventory data transfer.
• Generate various project related maps, reports, and documents for clients.
• Provide managers with insight on innovations in the geo‐spatial arena.
• Assist managers in the competitive bid process through support of mapping and data management time‐and‐expense estimates.
• Assist with other special projects as requested.
• Promote a positive image of FRC with clients, associates, contractors, and the general public.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Forestry and 5 years practical experience.
• Practical experience with ArcGIS or similar mapping and data management systems.
• Practical experience in inventory design, workup, and reporting.
• Good understanding of biometrics, mensuration, volume equations, quantitative analysis, and statistics.
• Working knowledge of other standard computer software packages, e.g., Word, Excel, and Access (especially databases).
• Working knowledge of forest finance and economics.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work well with others in team production situations.
• Ability and willingness to take on new projects with little supervision.
• Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
FOREST RESOURCE CONSULTANTS, INC.
Forest Resource Consultants, Inc. is a long‐established, reputable southeastern consulting firm
with a diverse client base, highly ethical work standard, and an experienced, professional staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants
for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, handicap, disability, religion, use of tobacco products
outside of the workplace, or marital status. It is FRC’s intent and desire that equal
employment opportunities will be provided in employment recruitment, selection, compensation,
benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Competitive benefits package includes health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, optional dental insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Resume and professional references should be sent to the following address for consideration:
Paul Nace, Director of Technical Services Forest Resource Consultants, Inc.
717 North Avenue
Macon, GA 31211
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org