This position merges the traditional roles of Customer Support, Application Support, GIS (Spatial) analyst, and Database Analyst with a focus on Forestry and Natural Resource Management clients.
• Support field operations teams through tier one customer contact and support (email, phone, IM, Text, etc.)
• Practical problem solving and follow through on support requests
• Work with team members and developers when needed to assist in the design/development of customer focused forestry software and data query solutions
• Interface with customers to assist in determining their needs and define requirements for future application enhancements and bug fixes
• Assist in testing and maintenance release deployments
• Spatial data maintenance including heads up digitizing, validation error correction, spatial data editing, and data mining.
• Assist in training efforts related to Silvics Solutions suite
• Work with various teams on data and database analysis projects related to forestry
• Promote Silvics Solutions Suite to clients and potential clients
• Member of a small but robust team working in a team oriented environment
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in GIS, Data Analytics, Forestry, Natural Resources, Customer Service, or other fields related to the scope of this posting preferred. Technical degree and/or equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
• Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate work in Forestry, GIS spatial analysis or Database analysis preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate customer service related work preferred
• Familiarity with industry standard GIS and spatial databases
• Experience working with SQL database and/or MS Access as well as other MS Office Suite products.
• Experience with customer support/customer service
• Experience in training others on software and best practices
• Good communications skills (Verbal and Written)
Additional Skillsets Desired:
• Self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work in both a solo and team environment
Silvics Solutions, LLC. is an industry leader in natural resources focused software and technology solutions based in Birmingham, AL. Silvics develops powerful, integrated natural resource management tools for organizations ranging from family trusts to global enterprises. Our goals are to be the industry leader in the geospatial services space, providing an intuitive and comprehensive software suite, support, and analytics; and to help our business partners streamline and translate complex spatial and tabular data, providing them with key insights to address mission-critical financial and management objectives. Silvics promotes a dynamic team atmosphere where all personnel are highly valued for their input and have a strong sense of ownership in our products and services.
This position requires overnight travel for work related purposes. Travel is expected to be less than 20%
paid vacation and sick leave
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Please submit resume and cover letters to: Rachael Shanks: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our posting on Indeed.