Global Forest Partners LP (GFP) is a leading timber investment advisor. We currently manage over $2.6 billion of timberland and related assets for institutional investors in a series of closed end funds. The internship is designed to expose the candidate to various aspects of the GFP’s business and culture as well have the intern participate in projects that allow both GFP and the intern to determine future fit.
• Provide accurate, thoughtful, and timely analysis to support decision-making for existing and potential investments in land, forests, and related assets.
• Provide research and analytical support to our leadership team, Investment Committee, asset management team and fund managers
• Additional analysis dependent upon candidate qualifications.
Scope and Impact
• The Investment Intern will provide support to the investment team which could include all or in part at our in all our investment regions: North America, Latin America, Oceania, and Asia.
• Investment analysis influences every aspect of GFP’s business, from client service and fund development through operational budgeting and timber harvesting. The internship will be designed to participate in the analytical aspects across the business.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
• Education: B.A. or B.Sc. required. In process of post-graduate education is preferred.
• Investment Analysis: Aptitude and skills demonstrated in investment analysis, modeling, and related decision support tasks.
• Forestry: Undergraduate or graduate forestry education a definite plus.
• Experience or training in developing forest optimization models is preferred, with operational forestry experience highly-valued.
• Strong teaming skills. Able to “influence without authority” within the organization in order to get from busy professionals the information and answers needed to complete complex financial and investment models.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written, with attention to clarity of message, appropriateness of tone, and overall accuracy of content.
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to translate what has been heard into an appropriate course of action.
• Highly organized, with excellent follow-through. Able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• A self-starter with a strong achievement orientation.
• Foreign language experience preferred.
Please send expression of interest and resumé via e-mail (preferred) or post to:
Joel C Eshbaugh
Director of Investment Analysis
Global Forest Partners LP
67 Etna Road, Suite 500
Lebanon, NH 03766