The primary purpose of this position is to give support to the Westervelt Recreation Group. Duties will primarily consist of a variety of projects supporting our hunting lease and wildlife consulting businesses.
Position will require relocation to Tuscaloosa, AL. Housing or a housing allowance will be provided.
- Knowledge of general outdoor skills.
- Well-developed communication and people skills. Ability to effectively work in a team environment with other employees and customers.
- Good physical condition and ability to perform under adverse climatic working conditions and difficult terrain.
- Ability to work outside, often for long periods on foot, often in severe weather conditions.
- Be able to safely operate a 4-wheel drive pickup, ATV and perhaps a tractor. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Work schedules will be adjusted to the requirements of the activities and projects. Preference given to applicants that are pursuing a degree in wildlife or related field.
About us: The Westervelt Company is a privately owned land stewardship organization headquartered in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. With over half a million acres of timberlands, we continue to grow with the land serving as our guide. Today we focus on businesses which sustain our natural resources for the future. We are stewards of the land.
Westervelt Wildlife Services is the premium brand for hunting leases in the southeastern United States. We offer our clients access to certified wildlife biologists, and manage our properties better than anyone. With a half a million acres of hunting land across the U.S., Westervelt Wildlife Services is committed to providing quality forest recreation to our customers within the scope of sustainably managing properties and habitats.
Wildlife Society & Forestry Club Meeting: 10/30/19
On Campus Interviews: 11/7/19
To apply for this position go to www.westervelt.com/internships