- Assists in the preparation of plans, bids, permits and contracts to execute annual budgeted silvicultural activities including site preparation, tree planting, stand maintenance & improvement and the use of herbicides.
- Supervises the work of contractors to ensure contract specifications are met and align with Company policies including Stimson’s Forest Principles. Ensure all silvicultural activities are in compliance with State and Federal laws.
- Assists in maintaining the sub-merchantable segment of the inventory, including plantation survival and sub-merchantable stocking levels. Develop prescriptions for treatments and implement management plans.
- Assists in reducing annual silvicultural stand data into GIS inventory database.
- Participate in the annual reforestation budget.
- Assists other Company departments as opportunities and availability arise.
- Understanding of Inland forest silvicultural practices.
- Proficient use of computer databases and software (ArcMap, ForestView, Microsoft Office).
- Skills in oral and written communications for both internal staff and external vendors.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships with neighboring landowner and concerned citizens.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations to carry out on-the-ground forestry activities.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks under difficult weather conditions and on variable terrain. The ability to operate in a safe manner and be a role model for others.
- This position requires a degree in resource management, preferably a four year degree with a major in one of the forestry disciplines; and at least 1 year of field experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.