Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size environmental and statistical consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a fulltime, experienced Biometrician. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
- Develop study designs, write field data collection protocols, and develop appropriate analyses for making statistical inferences.
- Interpret and present results at meetings and in reports for clients and manuscripts for publication
- Participate in developing project budgets and proposals
- Provide critical review of analyses and reports and advise other statisticians on various projects
- Assist in the training and mentoring of junior level biometricians
- Market WEST’s capabilities and develop new business
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The successful candidate will have:
- MS or PhD in statistics or a related field, with 15+ years of demonstrated work experience as an applied statistician in the areas of ecology, fisheries or wildlife research
- Preference will be given to those with experience in the following analytical techniques: bootstrapping and simulation, spatial analysis, Bayesian hierarchical modeling and survival analysis
- Experience with statistical software
- Preference will be given to those with experience in R. Experience with SQL Server, data management, and geographical information systems (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a history of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under time constraints and meet deliverable targets and deadlines
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who enjoys research, communicating and interacting with people (both co-workers and clients), and preferably has experience in field data collection.
Join WEST and you will discover a company comprised of dedicated employees, many of which have been part of the WEST family for over a decade. WEST is an employee owned organization with a tradition of professional integrity dedicated to a family atmosphere and a diverse workforce.
Information about WEST can be found at www.west-inc.com.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SEP IRA (100% employer contributions)
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability and AD&D
- Profit sharing potential
- Excellent administrative support
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check; a pre-employment drug screen; and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. Candidates must adhere to all health and safety requirements.