Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. In addition to sourcing, evaluating and managing these investments, the groups are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key industry contacts and referral sources. The mortgage portfolio and equity portfolio units are organized according to specialty and they actively manage MetLife’s portfolio of mortgage loans and equity investments in agricultural, office, apartment, retail, industrial, and hotel properties. The portfolio units are responsible for overall portfolio strategy, pricing, transaction approval and credit approval on new loans, as well as the active management of the overall mortgage and equity portfolios. MetLife Timberland Finance (MTF) is a business team within MetLife’s Real Estate and Agriculture Investments unit. MTF is a leading provider of long-term financing to timberland owners, with partners from the private, public, and institutional sectors and representing over $2.5 billion in relationships and more than 5 million acres of timberland throughout North America and beyond. MTF is seeking to fill an opening within its Memphis, TN office for a Senior Analyst position.
The Analyst will support origination and servicing efforts via such responsibilities as:
- Support business development team and senior management
- Monitor and analyze market trends
- Credit underwriting due diligence
- Credit memorandum preparation
- Preparation/review of detailed cash flow models
- Industry and credit financial analysis
- Real estate appraisal and timber inventory reviews
- Property inspections
- Loan production tracking
- Portfolio management
- Budget maintenance and tracking
The Analyst must be capable of working independently and/or with direction from field-office associates, should combine strong analytical and written communication skills, possess good interpersonal skills, and exhibit professionalism at all times. The Analyst will report to the Regional Director of MTF and work with other investment professionals throughout MetLife.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- B.S. or Masters Degree (preferred) in Forestry or Finance related discipline;
- 2-5 years of experience in consulting forestry, forest products lending, timberland asset acquisitions and divestitures, etc.;
- Knowledge of timberland collateral, timber production, and credit analysis; and
- Strong technology background including use of GIS technology and MS Office applications;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain customer and peer relationships.
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.