Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Scaler for our Monticello sawmill in Monticello, AR.
The Scaler will be responsible for managing all scale house operations which includes log grading and processing lumber and by product shipments.
What You’ll Do
- Process all incoming log trucks and by-product shipments as defined by sawmill standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Inspect all log trucks using established guidelines for log grading and document all grading activities as needed
- Communicate with sawmill operations, procurement foresters, and procurement regional managers as needed on log quality control issues
- Follow all established SOP’s concerning overweight loads, spreading loads of logs, and rejection of loads
- Assist log procurement and sawmill in data collection and process improvement as needed
- Prepare daily log receipt and by products shipments reports as needed
- Test, grade, and record Chip Quality Data as needed by location
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary including data collection, training, and report production
- Where appropriate check lumber shipments and documentation for accuracy
What You Offer
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Windows, Outlook and Excel required
- Must have an understanding of log quality characteristics as they relate to lumber production
- Knowledge of lumber manufacturing principles and processes
- Must act with integrity and a positive attitude with all external parties
- Must have a good safety and attendance record
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform task with minimum supervision
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to give undesirable information in a positive manner
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
401K matching, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Medical, Dental and Vision
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Apply directly at: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Finterfor.csod.com%…;