Hancock Forest Management
- Services the information needs of teams in multiple locations.
- Reports to Tactical Planning Team Manager
- Provides direct support for tactical planning in collaboration with HFM Operations to ensure harvest scheduling, budgeting, and harvest plan execution decision support is timely and accurate.
- Provide and maintain timely, accurate, value-added information in the realms of harvest scheduling, tactical and long term planning, and timber investment analysis for various HFM-SD and Hancock Timber Resource Group (HTRG) business sectors.
- Advance HTRG business development objectives including property acquisitions, property disposition strategy, timberland investment analysis and decision support tools, and other strategic business objectives.
- Support HTRG’s conformance with certification requirements and support management systems that enable the advancement of HTRG’s forest stewardship commitment.
- Continuously improve business procedures and provide training and support to ensure the effective deployment and use of property data and business systems by HFM personnel.
- Special projects as requested or needed.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry or a related discipline.
- A graduate degree in a forestry discipline or business is highly desirable.
- A knowledge of silviculture, forest mensuration, timberland appraisal, growth and yield models, timber supply and demand modeling, forestry operations, and southern forest regulatory matters
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must have proficient writing skill to prepare professional reports and management plans
- Must be team player
- Must be highly motivated and entrepreneurial
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
How to Apply: