General Directive: Provide analysis and reporting of resource information across Hancock Forest Management (HFM) operations in the United States and Canada. Customer base includes HFM, Hancock Timber Resource Group (HTRG), Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG), Clients, and other 3rd-parties.
- HFM-managed properties totaling ~4.5 million acres in the Pacific Northwest, Inland-Northwest, Western Gulf, Mid-Atlantic, Lake States, and Allegheny regions of North America.
- Resource information management for approximately 100+ client properties organized in four HFM Operating Divisions.
- Reports to the Production team manager.
- Services the information needs of teams in multiple locations.
- Participates with other team members to provide and maintain timely, accurate, value-added information for forest operations, forest planning, timber investment analysis, and property budget development and analysis for various business sectors.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a forestry discipline.
- A graduate degree in a forestry discipline is desirable.
- Experience with forest resource management information workflows, ESRI, ArcGIS platform, SQL (structured query language) Server or other RDBMS.
- Strong interest and/or experience in project management.
- Ability to service multiple projects simultaneously and budget time appropriately.
- Experience in multiple forest investment regions desirable.
- Knowledge in multiple aspects of timber investment including appraisals, acquisitions, dispositions, forest management operations, and budget development.
- Must have strong service \ customer support orientation.
- Must be a team player, a team builder, highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.