Department of Forest Management and Technology
Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research
- Participate in ongoing research related to silviculture and forest management in Norway. This activity will have a strong focus on how to adapt silviculture to climate change.
- Participate in work with the institutes long-term research trails including analysis, extension and general development of the program.
- Publish scientific papers and participate in the general dissemination of project results.
- Develop externally funded research projects and interact with the forest industry.
Professional qualifications (required)
- PhD in a silviculture, quantitative silviculture or growth & yield
- Experience with silviculture in boreal or temperate forests
- Expertise with scientific publication
- A strong command of oral and written English is required
- Persons without Norwegian as mother tongue have to commit themselves to learn written and spoken Norwegian within two years