We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Quality Control Coordinator to be based out of our sawmill in Swainsboro, GA. The Procurement Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for the continued monitoring and alignment of log quality control standards at multiple sawmill locations.
What You’ll Do
- Inspect logs using established guidelines for log grading and document all grading activities as required.
- Communicate with sawmill operations, procurement foresters, and procurement regional managers as needed on log quality control issues.
- Follow all established SOP’s concerning overweight loads, spreading loads of logs, and rejection of loads.
- Implement log quality control standards at multiple sawmill locations.
- Continuous improvement of log quality control standards and processes.
- Facilitate key partnering relationships with sawmill operations and log suppliers.
- Technical assistance with logging operations to achieve QC standards.
- Cover scaler vacation, sick leave, etc. at Southeast scalehouses as needed.
What You Offer
- Must act with integrity and a positive attitude with all internal and external parties.
- Must have a good safety and attendance record.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform task with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to operate general office equipment.
- Administrative and computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to give undesirable information in a positive manner.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and applicable insurance, as well as reliable and appropriate transportation.
- Travel as necessary to complete duties.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Forestry education preferred.
- Working knowledge of log scaling, log grading, and wood procurement.
- Understanding of log specifications and ability to implement consistent Quality Control measures.
- Understanding of logging operation dynamics and log product categories.
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).