The Quinault Indian Reservation (QIR), located on Washington State’s scenic Olympic Peninsula, includes approximately 160k acres of timberland producing 47 million board feet annually. The Quinault Division of Natural Resources is seeking an experienced professional forester to supervise pre-harvest field work and planning
• Supervises staff foresters & technicians in harvest unit planning, layout, and cruising. Includes up to five direct staff reports and occasional oversight of contractors
• Assists in development of short and long-term timber harvest plans
• Maintains strong business relationships with local industry and other stakeholders
• Ensures all harvest proposals comply with the QIR’s Forest Management Plan and other Tribal & Federal regulations
• Validates timber cruises and stumpage appraisals for accuracy
• Develops & reviews contracts, prospectuses, maps, and other timber sale-related reports
• Communicates management objectives to Tribal officials and individual trust landowners
• Provides input to all forest management activities as a member of the QDNR Interdisciplinary Team
Grade 10: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) with major study in forest management or other related natural resource field, plus five years of related experience; OR Master’s Degree (MS) in related field plus two years professional experience; OR an associate’s degree (AAS) in related study and extensive demonstrated experience in forest management and project leadership.
Grade 11: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) with major study in forest management or other related natural resource field plus eight years professional experience; OR Master’s Degree (MS) in related field plus five years professional experience
For all grades: Previous experience with harvest unit layout, timber cruising, and GIS is preferred. The successful candidate must be able to pass a federal background check and hold or have the ability to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license. Candidates must have the ability to work outdoors in inclement weather and rugged terrain.
Position open until filled.
Moving expense reimbursement; full benefit package that includes full health insurance (no premium for individuals), 401k w/match, generous vacation & sick leave, plus 14 paid holidays; Optional participation in wildland fire program
Please visit https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quinaultindiann… and complete a QIN job application. Send your application, cover letter, and resume by email to Jeannie Underwood, Human Resources Specialist at email@example.com. For further information regarding the details of this position you may contact Eric North, QDNR Harvest Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.