BTG Pactual’s Timberland Investment Group (“TIG”) is the largest independent timberland manager in Latin America and one of the largest timberland managers globally, with investments in seven countries on four continents totaling approximately US$3.5 billion in total assets and commitments.
TIG is committed to the delivery of superior, risk-adjusted returns to our clients through the disciplined construction of timberland investment portfolios, the application of industry-leading analytics to investment management, and best-in-class sustainable forest management. TIG leverages the extensive global resources of the BTG Pactual platform and the deep, local expertise of our regional forestry staff to provide our clients with exposure to globally diversified timberland investment portfolios while maintaining consistent investment discipline and management controls across our investment footprint.
TIG seeks a Portfolio Analyst to join the Portfolio Analytics team at its Atlanta, USA headquarters. Under the supervision of the Head, Portfolio Analytics, the Portfolio Analyst will proactively support investment strategy development and implementation by delivering meaningful, accurate, and timely research, reporting and analysis. Responsibilities will include:
• End-to-end participation in management of client portfolios, from asset acquisition through management and disposition.
• Financial and operational analyses of client portfolios and of individual timberland investment properties to inform both strategic and tactical management decisions.
• Support for annual strategic reviews and hold/sell analyses of portfolio holdings.
• Ad-hoc analyses, such as project & strategy evaluation, benchmarking, scenario analyses etc.
• Master’s degree in business, finance, forest economics, natural resource economics, or a related discipline (may be substituted by a Bachelor’s degree in a similar discipline and an additional 3-5 years of related professional experience)
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated, inquisitive, entreprenuerial spirit
• Ability to work both independently and within a team, to effectively prioritize and manage mutliple projects simultaneously
• Excellent MS Excel skills and financial modeling expertise
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of investment management, forestry or natural resources preferred, but not required