Contact Farhad Hossain Masum
I analyze economic and environmental sustainability of biopower generation. I developed mathematical optimization models to determine optimal timber sourcing and allocation in the Southeastern United States. I determined the minimum carbon tax necessary to make biopower in Georgia competitive with fossil fuels. I also developed optimal harvest rotation model with risks (chance constraints).
MFH Masum, SR Mehmood, MH Pelkki, HO Liechty. 2020. Estimating Carbon Efficiency of Bioenergy Systems in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley. Forests 11 (9), 899
- Masum, M.F.H., P. Dwivedi, and W.F. Anderson. 2020. “Estimating Unit Production Cost, Carbon Intensity, and Carbon Abatement Cost of Electricity Generation from Bioenergy Feedstocks in Georgia, United States.” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 117 (October 2019): 109514. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2019.109514.
- Masum, M.F.H., K. Sahoo, and P. Dwivedi. 2019. “Ascertaining the Trajectory of Wood-Based Bioenergy Development in the United States Based on Current Economic, Social, and Environmental Constructs.” Annual Review of Resource Economics 11 (1): 169–93. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-resource-100518-093921.
(Please visit my Google Scholar page for updated citation report)
- University Teaching in Forestry and Natural Resources (FANR 8900) - Fall 2020
- Economics of Renewable Resources (FANR 3300) - Spring 2020
- Society and Natural Resources (FANR 3400) - Spring 2020
- Renewable Resource Policy (FANR 4800/6800) - Spring 2019
- 5. Field Orientation, Measurements, and Sampling in Forestry and Natural Resources (FANR 3000) - Spring 2018