Performs duties requiring a basic level of skills necessary for maintenance and upkeep of state parks to include repair and construction of facilities, operation and repair of motorized equipment, groundskeeping and landscaping activities. Assists with the administration and the operation of a state park; assist park visitors.
1) Performs basic facility and infrastructure maintenance, repairs and improvements and assists with more involved tasks and projects (including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, etc.).
2) Performs basic grounds maintenance and improvements and assists with more involved tasks and projects (including groundskeeping, landscaping, etc.).
3) Performs clean-up, janitorial and housekeeping activities.
4) Performs maintenance and basic repairs on vehicles and motorized equipment.
5) Assists in identifying maintenance needs, planning & scheduling maintenance activities, and maintaining applicable maintenance records.
6) Assists with administrative and operational requirements.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the park and/or region, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Santee State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Housing not provided.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of general maintenance experience.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents, and other materials and substances used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
2) Ability to read and understand written procedures and directions; ability to perform simple arithmetic computations. Ability to operate a variety of power tools and motorized equipment.
3) Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
Allison King, Employment and Recruitment Manager
SCPRT Employee Benefits
The State of South Carolina has an excellent benefits package that adds significantly to the value of employment with SCPRT. The annual salary of a position is not the only factor to consider when looking for employment. See what else we have to offer below:
15 days annual leave each year (up to 45 unused days can roll over)
15 days of sick leave per year (up to 90 unused days can roll over)
Choose a retirement plan that’s right for you:
South Carolina Retirement System (Defined Benefit Plan) - or-
State Optional Retirement Program(Defined Contribution Plan)
Eligibility to participate in SC Deferred Compensation Program (401k or 457)
13 paid holidays per year
State Health Insurance
State Dental Insurance
State Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
MoneyPlus Flexible Benefits Program
Housing provided for select Park Service positions
Find out even more about the benefits offered to South Carolina State Government employees by visiting the Department of State Human Resources and the SC Public Employee Benefit Authority.