Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. May assume the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
1) Assists with park administrative duties in accordance with Department guidelines and procedures and planning of long and short-term goals.
2) Collect and account for revenue and produce required reports.
3) Instruct, supervise and perform routine and preventative maintenance on grounds, buildings and equipment to meet established standards.
4) Manages assigned specific operations to include public use areas, retail operations and facilities.
5) Performs law enforcement activities within his/her authority and established policy. Maintains a safe work environment.
6) Assists in control of inventories of equipment, supplies and retail items by issue, use and counts; completes data reports.
7) Interprets the cultural and natural resources of the State Park Service to park visitors.
8) Practice and promote teamwork within the SC State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Lake Warren State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency provided housing.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Allison King, Employment and Recruitment Manager
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with one (1) year of park ranger experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
2) Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3) Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law. Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
The State of South Carolina has an excellent benefits package that adds significantly to the value of employment with SCPRT. The annual salary of a position is not the only factor to consider when looking for employment. See what else we have to offer below:
15 days annual leave each year (up to 45 unused days can roll over)
15 days of sick leave per year (up to 90 unused days can roll over)
Choose a retirement plan that’s right for you:
South Carolina Retirement System (Defined Benefit Plan) - or-
State Optional Retirement Program(Defined Contribution Plan)
Eligibility to participate in SC Deferred Compensation Program (401k or 457)
13 paid holidays per year
State Health Insurance
State Dental Insurance
State Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
MoneyPlus Flexible Benefits Program
Housing provided for select Park Service positions
Find out even more about the benefits offered to South Carolina State Government employees by visiting the Department of State Human Resources and the SC Public Employee Benefit Authority.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.