Administers, operates and maintains Lake Wateree State Park.
1) Effectively trains and supervises full-time staff and directs the activities of seasonal employees.
2) Responsible for change funds, revenues collected receipts, and their accountability and disposition.
3) Performs all required administrative functions to include providing accurate and timely reports in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
4) Assures that all facilities, equipment, and property are maintained to the standards set forth by the Department. Works to provide a safe environment for park visitors and employees.
5) Maintains and is accountable for inventory of all assets to include but not limited to equipment, supplies, and items for resale.
6) Ensures that park operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within Lake Wateree State Park and the SC State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
8) Performs continuous public relation activities and educational and recreational activities as required. Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within his/her authority. Assures that all activities i.e. interpretive programs, retail sales, etc. are conducted in accordance with established procedures or policies.
Actual Job Location: Lake Wateree State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency provided housing.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Allison King, Employment and Recruitment Manager
Bachelor's degree in Park Administration or related field and one (1) years experience as a Park Ranger or equivalent combination of education & experience.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends, nights and holidays. Position requires residency in agency-provided housing.
2) Ability to communicate with others in a tactful and cordial manner.
Ability to direct subordinates.
Working knowledge of various types of office equipment.
3) Must possess a valid state-issued drivers license.
Possess or have the ability to obtain law enforcement credentials.
The State of South Carolina has an excellent benefits package that adds significantly to the value of employment with SCPRT. The annual salary of a position is not the only factor to consider when looking for employment. See what else we have to offer below:
15 days annual leave each year (up to 45 unused days can roll over)
15 days of sick leave per year (up to 90 unused days can roll over)
Choose a retirement plan that’s right for you:
South Carolina Retirement System (Defined Benefit Plan) - or-
State Optional Retirement Program(Defined Contribution Plan)
Eligibility to participate in SC Deferred Compensation Program (401k or 457)
13 paid holidays per year
State Health Insurance
State Dental Insurance
State Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
MoneyPlus Flexible Benefits Program
Housing provided for select Park Service positions
Find out even more about the benefits offered to South Carolina State Government employees by visiting the Department of State Human Resources and the SC Public Employee Benefit Authority
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.