Responsibilities: Resource Management Service, LLC. (RMS) is a global forestry-centered investment manager with significant expertise in all phases of institutional timberland investing. Founded and managed by forestry professionals and owned by its employees, RMS is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices across the U.S. South, in Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, and China. The RMS Investment Management Team core responsibility is to the clients; however, the IM team touches and influences all aspects of the business through integrated internal relationships and management review. The Investment Management Team is responsible for the following:
- Managing the investments of current clients to ensure that client objectives are met;
- Communicating performance results to clients and consultants on a periodic basis, in both oral and written form;
- Developing new business for RMS in the form of client timberland investments;
- Developing timberland investment strategies for new and existing clients;
- Researching timber and timberland market conditions;
- Analyzing RMS and market data to generate investment decisions and decision support.
Duties: The Investment Analyst position will support all functions of the Investment Management Team. In this capacity, the position will be exposed to all the working groups within RMS, in addition to the company’s client communications activities. The Investment Analyst will, therefore, be expected to perform and will benefit from a wide range of responsibilities across the timberland investments sector.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Analyze and monitor global timber market characteristics and timberland investment performance, to include the collection, analysis, and presentation of various types of financial data needed by the Investment Management team;
- Analyze and compare managed assets against competing asset classes;
- Prepare analyses and reports for verbal and written presentations to customers within RMS, as well as current and prospective clients;
- Support the process of third party timberland appraisals by providing written and oral comments on drafts and final appraisals;
- Review assessments of potential timberland acquisitions utilizing complex quantitative investment analysis models focusing on risk and potential accretive value;
- Author and review sections of reports and briefings that communicate vital information to current and prospective clients and consultants.
Professional Qualifications: The list below are some of the qualifications that will be considered as candidates are reviewed:
- Four-year degree with emphasis in natural resources and/or finance;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analyses and develop and maintain discounted cash flow models;
- Demonstrated technical writing and oral presentation skills;
- Desire and commitment to expand one’s knowledge of the timberland investment space.
- 2-3 years of professional experience desired, but not required;
- Preferably have a working knowledge of plantation forestry practices;
- MBA or other graduate degree involving a significant amount of finance emphasis;
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA).
If students/alumni’s are interested in applying for this position, please have them send their resume email@example.com.