How to submit content:
To submit a request for digital signage, please fill out this form and allow up to five days for your sign to be approved and created by our communications team.
Digital signage helps foster a sense of community by communicating messages of interest and importance to our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Warnell's communications staff manages the content for the digital signage. The guidelines below aim to increase our digital signs' effectiveness. Adhering to the information below will help ensure digital signage communication is professional, clear, and relevant.
Please note the following guidelines for digital signs:
Appropriate Types of Messages
- Messages directly involving Warnell students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Messages that are of broad interest to the Warnell community and highlight activities such as upcoming speakers, events, and research studies
- Critical deadlines for the academic calendar
Announcements that are personal, religious, political, contain advertising, or are otherwise inappropriate will not be posted.
Guidelines for Creating Messages
- Announcements should be short. There is limited space on the digital sign for information; only the most important details should be included.
- Event name
- Event description (brief, if necessary)
- Event location
- Event date(s) and time(s)
- Use of photos is encouraged. If using photos, attach a high-resolution jpeg. If you don’t have a photo, we can provide one.
- Material subject to copyright should not be used.
- Content must be submitted electronically by using the digital signage request form at a minimum of three business days prior to the first date the content is to be displayed on the digital signage system.
- Those submitting messages containing deadlines, timelines, RSVP-by dates, etc., should submit their message at least seven business days prior to that date.
- Indicate date of event or time frame with beginning and end dates (if applicable). In general, announcements will not run longer than two weeks, unless there is ample room in the queue.
- Please do not send PDFs.
How to add events to the Warnell Calendar:
- Select "Calendar" in the top menu bar
- Login using your MyID/password
- Select "Departments"
- Select "+Submit an Event"
- Complete the form
- Under the Filters Heading, you MUST CHOOSE "Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources".
- Choose "Add Event"