To graduate from the Professional Program of the Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, all Warnell students are required to complete FANR 4500S, Senior Project, or FANR 4990, Senior Thesis. Most students will take Senior Project, but a limited number may be permitted to enroll in Senior Thesis. For detailed information, see the following PDFs:
- Senior Project Fact Sheet
- Senior Thesis Guidelines and Application
- Senior Thesis Proposal Example
- Senior Thesis Prospectus Example
What is the difference between Senior Project and Senior Thesis?
- Senior Thesis requires completion of a research project; Senior Project usually requires completion of a management project.
- Senior Thesis is normally conducted individually; Senior Project is normally conducted in teams of two or three students.
- Enrollment in Senior Thesis is by permission only; enrollment in Senior Project is open to all BSFR candidates.
- Enrollment in Senior Thesis is intended for students with a strong commitment to pursue a research career.