The Purdue Human Dimensions Lab is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator who can bring excellent project coordination, facilitation, communication, and leadership skills to our interdisciplinary teams. This position reports to Dr. Zhao Ma, the Director of the Human Dimensions Lab.
Specific responsibilities include:
- planning and managing project processes and milestones;
- developing relationships and coordinating with collaborators and stakeholders;
- working with Purdue data management professionals to establish and implement a data management procedure;
- contributing to the development of grant proposals;
- contribution to the publication of academic and non-academic products for a diverse audience;
- contributing to professional development of graduate students, post-doctoral research associates, and other members of the research lab;
- managing and coordinating undergraduate research assistants;
- managing daily operations and communication.
- Master’s degree from an environmental social science, natural resource, conservation, or related program
- Experience conducting research and participating in team research with other social and natural scientists
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills in both English and Spanish
- Project management experience
- Preferred knowledge and skills: experience with STATA or another statistical software; experience with NVivo or another qualitative data analysis software; experience with data management
This Research Coordinator position is initially for one year, but renewable for a second year given satisfactory progress in the first year. Annual salary ranges from $35,000-$45,000 (commensurate with experience), plus benefits. The position will provide funds to cover relevant travel expenses to research sites and other appropriate research events. The selected Research Coordinator will also have opportunities for professional development on and off-campus. Preferred start date is October 1, 2019, but may be negotiated upon request.
Application procedure: Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Zhao Ma (email@example.com) by August 26, 2019. Upon receiving each application, Dr. Zhao Ma will communicate with each applicant directly and provide them with a weblink through which a formal application should be submitted via Purdue University Human Resources.
This Research Coordinator position is located in West Lafayette, Indiana, home to Purdue University. There is a vibrant community of faculty, staff and students who are dedicated to impactful research and extension focusing on sustainability, conservation and society, and international development. This Research Coordinator position will have many opportunities to engage with this community on campus. More broadly, the West Lafayette-Lafayette area is situated between Indianapolis and Chicago, and is home to over 170,000 residents. We enjoy a diverse community, great quality of life, good schools, safe neighborhoods, and over 40 parks and various outdoor recreation opportunities.
Purdue University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.