TTG Forestry Services, LLC (TTG FS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group is seeks a new Head to be based in Atlanta, GA, USA.
The BTG Pactual Timberland Group (TIG) is one of the world’s oldest and largest timberland investment management organizations. TIG manages over 1.7 million acres of properties across four continents, representing assets and commitments of US$ 2.5 billion.
TTG FS, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TIG that provides technical support services to TIG and its clients, including harvest scheduling, management of firm-wide Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Forest Management Information Systems (FMIS), administration of TIG’s global timber inventory program, administration of related databases, and maintentance of TTG FS’ cloud environment.
Responsibilities of the position:
Reporting to the TTG FS Board of Directors, the successful candidate will:
• Provide overall leadership of TTG FS, its staff, and forestry information systems.
• Maximize the efficiency of TTG FS’ operations in order to meet or exceed annual profitability targets.
• Continuously improve the integration of TTG FS’s management information systems with TIG’s field forestry operations across its global footprint.
• Continuously improve the ease of access to information by TIG staff, and the utility of information to inform TIG investment management.
• Lead the implementation of a new global Geodatabase, Cengea implementation, consolidated global timber inventory database and associated integrations with TIG’s accounting system.
• Manage productive relationships with TIG’s Investment Management staff, the Timberland Fund Administration team, and other key internal stakeholders.
• Manage relationships with key third-party service providers, including contract compliance, contract management, and service quality assurance
Mandatory qualifications (background and certifications)
• The successful candidate will hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as forestry, agriculture, biometrics, geography, or statistics. A graduate degree in a forestry, geography, biometrics, statistics, or a related discipline is highly desirable;
• He/she will have 5+ years of experience in some combination of harvest scheduling, timber inventory, growth & yield, geographic information systems, and/or related disciplines.
• Highly effective analytical skills, and the ability to think strategically;
• Must be able to work at all levels in an organization, have excellent relationship building skills, and be a team player;
• Must be organized and able to manage multiple, diverse tasks at the same time to meet required deadlines; able to multi-task and work independently with limited support and supervision;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Fluency in English is required.
Desired profile (skills and competencies)
• Experience in commercial real estate, agriculture, timberland, or other real assets is desirable, though not required;
• Microsoft Excel modelling experience and expertise;
• Familiarity with ArcGIS, Cengea, SGF or other forest management information systems.
• Familiarity with timber cruising methodologies and data management practices; knowledge of growth and yield modeling and software packages a plus.
• Familiarity with Remsoft Woodstock or similar planning software a plus.
• dedicated, hardworking, and self-motivated; and willing and able to travel as necessary.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is desirable.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2017. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.