The position of Groundsperson at Caldwell Tree Care carries the responsibilities of supporting Arborists, Climbers and Crew Leads by providing all ground duties in support of specific job assignments. This is a paid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all job site safety briefings weekly
- Utilize all appropriate personal protective equipment
- Assist with the implementation of work zone safety procedures such as the placement of cones and signs and the provision of flagging services
- Properly utilize hand tools associated with arboricultural work
- Safely use and maintain a chainsaw
- Assist in conducting a tree risk assessment prior to working on any tree
- Assist climbers and crew leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Operate a chipper and wood splitter safely and properly
- Assist with implementation of tree felling procedures
- Prior experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Possess the ability to work in a team setting
- Possess basic math skills
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
Caldwell Tree Care is a Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants and employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing as well as for reasonable suspicion or involvement in workplace injuries or accidents.
Caldwell Tree Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status or age.