The incumbent is responsible for implementing the preparation of timber sales on the Spokane Reservation. Responsibilities includes assisting designing and implementing data processing for timber cruises; development of timber appraisals; preparation of timber sales prospectus and contract; implementation of NEPA for silvicultural prescriptions and timber harvest operations; and designing and directing various data collection projects. Incumbent performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisory Forester (Silviculturist). Guidance is available as needed on unusual and/or difficult assignments; otherwise incumbent formulates his/her own work schedule on his/her own initiative and carries work to completion independently.
FORESTER LEVEL 1 (Presales)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares timber sales documents for harvest treatments and ensures Forest Officer’s Reports are complete;
• Trainee level, works under supervision of senior foresters;
• Basic presales field duties: timber marking, cruising, mapping and line running;
• Assists silviculturist with reconnaissance, vegetation mapping, prescription preparation, harvest unit layout and development of marking guides as needed;
• Assembles Forest Officers Reports for timber sales and maintains sales preparation files;
• Creates maps with GIS for timber sale contracts;
• Compiles cruise data to report realty or timber sale volumes;
• Collects and processes GPS data;
• Develops prospectus, appraisal, contract and any other documents necessary for the preparation of sales for advertisement;
• Prescribed fire, assists as crew member or support staff;
• Perform realty cruises and assists with appraisals;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have a Valid State Driver’s License and insurable.
See education requirements below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Forest Management, Forest Ecology or similar;
• Familiarity with local tree species and forestry practices;
• Recommend minimum of 1 year experience in the natural resources field;
• Training and experience in PC use: operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database software and forestry applications;
• Training and experience in GPS applications in forestry.
• Able to lift and carry 45 lbs.
• Able to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain;
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
***All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No
Later Than 4:30pm on the Closing Date***
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation