KEY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Plan and supervise all aspects of forest management activities to ensure forest management goals and objectives are achieved in a manner consistent with relevant fiduciary, regulatory, and environmental standards. This position will manage silviculture, harvesting, and land use projects.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administrative responsibilities include contracting with third parties to perform harvesting and silviculture-related services (prospectus preparation, identification of qualified/licensed contractors or consultants, bid analysis, negotiations, contract execution and compliance monitoring).
• Implement policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding all forest management activities in order to ensure the highest quality while managing cost effectiveness.
• Maintain full and appropriate compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, Licensing Standards, Forest Practice laws, SFI Standards, and FSC Standards.
• Ensure appropriate notifications, permits and easements have been obtained and reviewed with contractor before work begins.
• Actively participate in the implementation and utilization of GIS. Provide to GIS Forester information needed to update maps regarding stand treatments, boundaries, inventory depletions, stream locations and stream classification.
• Monitor expenditures and operation levels closely in order to comply with budget limitations.
• Participate in the annual budgeting and monthly “Forward Look” processes, as needed.
• Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships with outside agencies and companies.
• Stay abreast of industry technology, trends, new regulations and laws; attend meetings, as necessary.
• Support and participate fully in local SFI program and FSC program.
• Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to your Area Manager and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
• Respond to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and team members.
• Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
• Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Position is considered exempt based on job responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Forest Management, Forest Engineering or Forest Operations Management; and
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in forest management.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
• Ability to manage multiple projects from initiation to final completion in a timely manner.
• Understanding of State, Federal, and Local regulations.
• Must have:
o Planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills.
o Familiarity with legal implications in key areas of responsibility.
o Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills.
o Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
o Good communication skills, both oral and written.
o Good computer skills, especially MS Excel and Word.
o Chemical Applicator’s License or obtain the license within 6 months.
o Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
o Ability to work alone in the outdoors over extremely rough, brushy, and uneven terrain in all weather conditions required.
o Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Campbell Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect, and we prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment. We value diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Excellent full benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) employer contributions, PTO, paid family and medical leave, flexible spending and more.
Email resumes to: email@example.com