- Promote, protect, and maintain land and timber through aggressive silvicultural treatments, boundary line maintenance, improving access and contractor supervision.
- Assist Area Forest Supervisor with preparing and tracking monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets at the district level.
- Plan and schedule regeneration activities in coordination with the Area Forest Supervisor.
- Inspection of timber harvest operations, including BMP compliance.
- Assist Area Forest Supervisor with input and maintenance of (GIS) for the district: record and tract forest activities; perform stand inventories; and update maps with GPS.
- Develop reports in conjunction with land acquisitions, trades, or sales, and other various reports as required by Area Forest Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Forest Management from an accredited institution.
- 2 years of experience in forest management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to supervise and coordinate contractors.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.