General Position Summary:
The Forester will apply a wide variety of forest management techniques while managing multiple projects. Main project areas are within a 100-mile radius of Portland. Ideal residence locations for this position include the Portland/Vancouver area, Salem, Forest Grove, or St Helens.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Supervise reforestation, pre-commercial thinning, road construction, and maintenance for client’s property.
- Have a working understanding of forest practice rules in Oregon and California.
- Develop, plan and layout harvest units.
- Administer timber sale activities in a timely manner.
- Supervise contract logging operations.
- Assist in development of budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for accurate and timely contract administration.
- Working knowledge of forest management and related timber harvesting operations.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Excel, ArcGIS a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A./B.S./A.A.S. in Forestry, natural resources or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of accumulated field forester experience with team lead abilities.
- Combination of experience and education.
- Preference given to candidates with previous consulting experience.
- Valid driver’s license.