American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.1 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $1.8 billion in real estate transactions. With 260 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
Timber Sales and Appraisals – All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
- Systematic sampling of merchantable and premerchantable timberland using both fixed radius plots and prism sampling methods.
- 100% tree count of merchantable timber.
- Identify, locate and mark property lines.
- Identify and mark streamside management zones (SMZs).
- Identification of commercial tree species (winter and summer).
- Design and implementation of timber harvesting plan for clearcut, select cut and thinning sales.
- Prepare timber sale maps and review computer-generated digitized maps.
- Prepare timber sale bid notice and review timber sale contracts.
- Perform timber harvesting inspections to ensure compliance with contract.
- Collect timber and land sale data for appraisal purposes.
- Organize and audit timber sale settlements.
Minimum Requirements: Graduation and degree from an accredited school with a Bachelor's Degree (Forester) and four-five years’ experience