Larson & McGowin, LLC (L&M) is seeking qualified candidates to assist with the forest management of client properties located throughout Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and the Florida Panhandle. Responsibilities include timber inventory, timber marking, timber sale preparation and administration, the development of stand-level silvicultural prescriptions, contracting of forestry-related services, and any other activities deemed necessary by management of the company.
Candidate will occasionally participate in consulting/field projects across the U. S. Southeast. Travel outside of the local area will be required approximately 20% of the time. All necessary travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Applicant should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry
- Must be a Registered Forester in Alabama or meet the necessary requirements to obtain this designation within 2 years from date of hire
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Must be capable of working in remote outdoor locations in various weather and forest conditions
- 3+ years’ experience related to forestry field work
- Field proficiency with various forest inventory/mensuration techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with GIS software (i.e., ArcGIS)
Who we are: In business over 60 years, Larson & McGowin, LLC provides a full range of land management and on-demand decision support and consulting services. L&M currently manages approximately 850,000 acres of timberland across the U.S. Southeast. www.larsonmcgowin.com
Fixed and Variable Vehicle Compensation Plan, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Health Insurance, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, Cafeteria Plan for Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance Coverages.
Please send cover letter (referencing “Position” title and preferred Location), resume, and three references via email to:
Alexander M. Avery
Larson & McGowin, LLC