Forestry Technician Duties:
* Conducts timber tasks such as marking and cruising following silvicultural prescriptions and marking guides to designated harvest timber. Traverses harvest unit boundaries, road locations, and determines area.
* Inspects silvicultural contract work (eg. Timber Stand Improvement, Site Preparation, Forest Stand
Data Examination) for compliance with contract. Explains steps necessary for compliance to contractor and reports violations to COR. May act as Contracting Officers Representative (COR) on various silvicultural contracts.
* Conducts silvicultural tasks such as plantation survival and stocking surveys, as well as forest stand examinations to determine such information as tree species, condition, stocking, survival, site index, insects, disease, etc. Makes recommendations for areas requiring remedial action. Use of forestry equipment such as basal area prisms,
relaskop, clinometer, increment borer, compass, loggers tape, GPS, or Personal Data Recorder (PDR) may be required for data collection.
* Operates power equipment such as chainsaw to implement silvicultural projects. Performs maintenance on such equipment.
* As assigned, performs resource work in other areas, such as wildlife, fire suppression, or prescribed burning.
View document attached to job post to view more information.
Email application to email@example.com