ForesTech International, based in Watkinsville, GA, has immediate openings for energetic and dedicated professionals for entry level Forest Technician positions. The positions will primarily involve field work focusing on forest inventory. Candidates should reside within the vicinity of Prattville, AL, or be willing to relocate to such vicinity upon employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inventory: Inventory work across the southern U. S. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel for extended periods of time, ranging from a few days to a few weeks at a time.
* GIS/GPS: Field work will involve using ArcPad to navigate to plot locations as well as potentially collecting spatial information with handheld devices. Knowledge of ESRI software a plus.
* Other: Other assigned field tasks
* Associates degree in Forestry
* One year of field experience preferred, but will consider candidates without experience
* Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel; Access ability a plus
* Successful candidates must have a good driving record and have and maintain a drivers license
* Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Pay and Benefits:
* Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills
* Benefits include a medical allowance, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal leave.
* Bonuses based on quality work and production
* All forestry equipment provided by ForesTech International
* ForesTech is a drug-free workplace
Respond via email with a cover letter and resume to:
Kathy Boatenreiter, Office Manager Email: email@example.com
1800 Hog Mountain Road
Building 600, Suite 101
Watkinsville, GA 30677