ForesTech International, based in Watkinsville, GA, has immediate openings for energetic and dedicated professionals for entry level Forest Technician positions. The positions will primarily involve field work focusing on forest inventory. Candidates should reside within the vicinity of Monticello, AR, or be willing to relocate to such vicinity upon employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inventory: Inventory work across the southern U. S. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel for extended periods of time, ranging from a few days to a few weeks at a time.
* GIS/GPS: Field work will involve using ArcPad to navigate to plot locations as well as potentially collecting spatial information with handheld devices. Knowledge of ESRI software a plus.
* Other: Other assigned field tasks
* Associates degree in Forestry
* One year of field experience preferred, but will consider candidates without experience
* Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel; Access ability a plus
* Successful candidates must have a good driving record and have and maintain a drivers license
* Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Benefits include a medical allowance, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal leave.
* Bonuses based on quality work and production
* All forestry equipment provided by ForesTech International
* ForesTech provides a vehicle for work related travel plus lodging and per diem for out of office area work
* ForesTech is a drug-free workplace
Respond with a cover letter and resume to: