Responsible for working with corporate leadership team to conduct market / business assessments and obtain organizational support of strategic and tactical initiatives. Perform financial analyses in support of acquisitions, capital investments, operational plans and business development initiatives. Develop financially model of portfolio of commercial and pipeline products to reflect long range plan and strategic imperatives. Support Portfolio Management activities via key analyses such as market trends, forecasted sales, gross margin by product (segment).
• Support commercial assessment of key collaborations in cooperation with Management team and other functional groups.
• Provide financial modeling of deal economics and technology values as input to negotations and term sheet development; including NPV, IRR, payback and sensitivity analyses as appropriate.
• Develop and manage financial models for each business segment as well as an integrated total company forecast and valuation.
• Evaluate and quantify strategic decisions and opportunites, including research and development options, capital spending, domestic and international expansion projects and acquisition opportunities.
• Create and review presentations summarizing project analyses for various audiences.
• Provide key analyses such as market trends, forecasted sales, gross margin by product (segment) in support of portfolio management activities.
• Source, organize and disseminate market research information.
• Facilitate prospecting for new partners in potential markets through participation in industry meetings and other tradeshows
• Generally manage requests from corporate, business development and project leaders.
• Department: Daily interaction with corporate leadership, business development team and portfolio manager
• Company: Frequent interaction with representatives from finance, product development, science, sales / marketing and project managers across international operations.
• Outside Company: Significant interaction with technical experts, study authors and reporting agencies (e.g. RISI). Occasionally participates in outside conferences. Interacts modestly with modeling representatives from other companies as part of business development activities.
• Masters in Business Administration; Minimum three years work experience required in the areas of finance, portfolio management, product management, analysis or other related field.
• Exceptional knowledge of excel with strong financial modeling/analysis skills (NPV, IRR, payback period, sensitivity analyses, etc.).
• Strong data collection and analytical skills (digesting large amounts of information on key trends, opportunities, etc.)
• Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work with multiple cross-functional groups to meet corporate objectives.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
• Ability to frame business issues, analyze options, and concisely articulate a course of action to scientific, business and financial audiences.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Strong execution and follow-up skills.
• The position is based in ArborGen’s corporate headquarters in Ridgeville, South Carolina.
• Travel will vary from limited to moderate, depending on nature of business development initiatives
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Relocation assistance, Parental leave, Paid time off, Signing bonus
To apply please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org