FIELD FORESTERS – POSITIONS ACROSS CALIFORNIA
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Foresters will assess hazard trees along powerlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess and identify target tree species that have the potential to strike powerlines
• Record location, tree species, diameter, height and susceptibility rating using a
handheld data recorder
• Have a working understanding general forestry practices and measurement
• Develop, plan and layout your day and week
• May supervise daily activities of forest technicians and sub-contractors
• Contacts are within the company, business contacts and with our clients
• Work is performed both within the field and in our offices
• Field work to be performed in all weather conditions, steep, rough terrain, and a
variety of settings including open fields and forested areas
• Computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods
of time, may lift/carry up to 50 pounds
• Personal vehicle suitable for use in forest environment required
• Working knowledge of forestry, arboriculture and related timber harvesting
• Intermediate skill level using GPS and handheld data recorders
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associates / B.A. / B.S. in Forestry, natural resources or related field
• Experienced working in the field (1+ years)
• Combination of experience and education
• Valid driver’s license.
Mason, Bruce and Girard, Inc. is one of the oldest Natural Resources Consulting firms in the country. We consistently uphold values of technical expertise, professionalism, and quality in every aspect of our business. MB&G has experienced significant growth over the past few years while maintaining a worldwide reputation for excellence.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.