The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance (USA) is 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with the mission to unite the Union community through conservation to preserve North America’s outdoor heritage. The USA is an exciting conservation organization with a membership base of over 260,000 and a membership universe of over 10 million active and retired members of AFL-CIO affiliated Unions who love to hunt, fish, shoot and recreate outdoors. We engage, educate and organize Union members, their families and like-minded individuals who share a passion for hunting, fishing, shooting and the great outdoors. Our members volunteer their time and unique trade skills to expand and improve public access to the outdoors, conserve and maintain critical wildlife habitats, restore our nation’s parks and provide mentoring programs that introduce youth to the outdoors.
Events are integral to our continued success and we are looking for a highly motivated individual who is excited to travel all over the United States and promote the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance to further our mission. USA members and staff love hunting, fishing, shooting and spending time in the great outdoors. If you have experience developing fundraising events and love outdoor pursuits this could be the job for you!
The Event Coordinator reports directly to the Regional Manager(s) and participates in all aspects of clay target shooting events, conservation dinners, as well as union conferences and conventions and USA’s Work Boots on the Ground conservation projects and outreach events. The position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining a grassroots program designed to unite the union community through conservation.
Essential Role and Responsibilities
• Maintain the number and quality of existing Conservation Dinners, Shooting Events, Conferences, Conventions, Conservation Projects and Outreach Events assigned to you.
• Generate new events and fundraising revenue by growing our current relationships with labor unions and other USA partners, and through the development of new USA partnerships.
• Improve the overall quality of all events assigned to you.
• Develop and maintain long term relationships vital to our continued success.
Additional Role and Responsibilities
• Coordinate Event Promotion materials for events.
• Serve as the primary driver of USA’s event transportation unit(s).
• Assist the administration team as needed when not traveling for events or handling event arrangements.
• Act as liaison between our union locals and partners and headquarters on various issues.
• Submit timely and accurate weekly activity reports to headquarters and budget accordingly.
• Participate in the operation of events.
• Identify and schedule locations and vendors for events as needed.
• Responsible for the set-up and take-down of event equipment.
• Collect and track revenue generated at events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions are a combination of office, outdoor, and vehicle environment. This position may be required to sit or stand for the majority of the work day. Must be able to regularly lift 50-75 lbs. and participate in the loading and unloading of equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 3-5 years of event development and fundraising experience.
• High school diploma or greater required.
• Detailed oriented, with exceptional organizational skills.
• Superior written and inter-personal communication skills.
• Ability to execute duties successfully with minimal oversight.
• Ability to legally and safely handle and control firearms and ammunition.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Background and experience speaking in front of large crowds of up to 500 people.
• Ability to travel with frequent overnight and weekend stays required.
• Ability to safely operate an oversized vehicle towing a trailer.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to travel 25K-30K miles per year. Overnight and weekend travel required.
Medical,vision, dental and prescription drug coverage and more.
Administrative Assistant to the Director of Union Relations
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org