GACD, in coordination with local conservation districts and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) personnel, is seeking District Program Assistants (DPA) throughout the State of Georgia. Each District in the State will be assigned a DPA, an independent contractor who will be based daily at a designated local NRCS Office and contracted by GACD. The DPA will perform all duties and responsibilities as required by GACD and NRCS set forth in the subsequent contract. These duties will be completed on- site at the NRCS office designated.
• Support Farm Bill program implementation once trained, including but not limited to design and layout of conservation practices, activities associated with conservation programs, contract development and management, contract planning, application processing, eligibility determination, and other written correspondences as needed
• Provide customer service and technical assistance to farmers and landowners
• Perform other NRCS related duties as directed by the local District Conservationist
• General District administration (manage arrangements for regular District Meetings and special functions, including posting of meetings for compliance with all laws and internal and external communication related to District activities)
• Establish and maintain relationships with partners, individuals and organizations within the District to promote the efforts and visibility of the local District
• Serve as liaison with all appropriate local government(s) departments, agricultural associations, and conservation groups
• Plan and coordinate all District activities associated with the Actively work with local programs to ensure District involvement and support of conservation education (including but not limited to FFA Chapters in the District, 4-H, Envirothon, local schools, Natural Resources Conservation Workshop, annual NACD Conservation Stewardship program(s)
• Assist the District with hosting Field Days and other conservation demonstration
programs and workshops as developed and sponsored by District
• Seek financial support for potential and ongoing District programs through
appropriate grant funding from all potential sources, both public and private
• Perform other District related duties as directed by the local District Board of
Supervisors and/or the Regional Program Manager and GACD Executive Director
▪ Management and organizational skills
▪ Capacity to work with variety of groups and agencies
▪ Comfort working in different environments (i.e. field visits with farmers, educational days with students, etc.)
▪ The DPA should be a self starter, capable of independent function, and with strong administrative skills and experience.
This is an independent contract position, no benefits offered.
Please apply through our website at: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gacd.us%2Fgcdi…. Please put Blairsville on your application or no preference if you are open to other areas. We have a few positions opening up across the state and will accept applications continuously.