Sierra Pacific Industries
About The Position
• Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work and mapping.
• Administer contracts and oversee field operations including logging and road construction.
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions.
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years.
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation.
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations.
• Ability to hike in extremely remote mountainous regions using maps, compass or GPS.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs.
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to professionally interact with state regulatory agencies.
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads.
How to Apply: