The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Wildlife Disease Program is anticipating hiring one disease program technician. The position will be responsible for mammal trapping and sample collection. The position will begin August 20, 2018 and end January 30, 2019. Duties include, but are not limited to, setting and checking traps, PIT tagging, blood draw, assisting during managed hunts, and data collection and entry. This position is based out of Baton Rouge, LA, where housing is provided.
- Previous fieldwork experience
- Reliable data collection, entry, and management skills
- Ability to work long and irregular hours (early morning, late nights, weekends) in
difficult weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, biting insects, and thick
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Willingness to learn new skills and maintain a flexible schedule
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter, resume with relevant experience, and 3 references as attachments in an email to Nikki Anderson (NAnderson@wlf.la.gov) with the title “Disease Program Technician.”