Fort Caswell’s Environmental Stewardship Program is seeking a recent marine biology, environmental science, or education graduate to serve as our next Coastal Education Intern. The 6-month to 1-year internship involves:
1) providing outdoor environmental education programs for school groups
2) maintaining the saltwater aquaria and exhibits
3) assisting with team-building programs
4) implementing the campus recycling initiative
5) the opportunity to work with the sea turtle monitoring program on Caswell Beach
Applicants should have a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and with a team. Must be energetic, flexible, and have a passion for learning and teaching about the environment. The internship requires working on/near the water in a variety of weather conditions, on the beach, marsh, floating docks, and fishing pier. Preferred: previous environmental education experience, experience working with youth, and CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard Certification. For full position description, click here.
Fort Caswell is a ministry of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, and our mission is to provide experiences that amplify God’s voice in a unique Christian environment. For more information, visit www.fortcaswell.com.
Room and board (housing, utilities, internet, and most meals). Opportunities to attend professional development workshops.