As a Civil Engineer, you will perform the following duties:
• Design and review engineering projects for fish facility installations and upgrades in estuary, large rivers and dams, small stream environments, irrigation screens, and fish passage at road crossings.
• Provide hydrologic and hydraulic engineering calculations to evaluate water diversion and discharge rates, water storage and management operations, and infrastructure designs associated with water resource projects implementing or affecting upstream and downstream passage.
• Monitor projects to ensure they are built according to the plans and specifications, ecological and engineering objectives are met, and that all projects comply with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
• Assist fisheries biologists in the development, application, and monitoring of biological opinions and remain well informed of current engineering principles and standards related to hydraulics and fish passage.
• Engage in activities associated with measurement of stream flows or collecting on-site information needed to develop functional designs for fish passage facilities, or to evaluate performance of existing facilities.
Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. OR Combination of education and experience: college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
Please apply on USAJobs using the following link: https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F594352800&token=AfvExX7QEMrk%2F0174UFqiozsGC6ishKK%2BWMorUbDvB0%3D