The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Wildlife Health and Disease Monitoring Program is hiring three winter bat technicians. The positions will be responsible for culvert surveys, bridge surveys, acoustic surveys, and Pd sampling. The positions is $11.00/hr, 40 hrs/week, beginning December 2, 2019 and ending April 3, 2019. This position is statewide, housing is provided.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a background check.
- Have completed 3 shot rabies pre-exposure series prior to start date.
- Previous fieldwork experience.
- Reliable data collection, entry, and management skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours (early morning, late nights, weekends) in
difficult weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, biting insects, and thick
- Willingness to learn new skills and maintain a flexible schedule.
To apply, please email a resume or CV as one pdf file with the title: Winter 2019 Bat Technician to Nikki Anderson (Wildlife Disease Biologist) and Brianna Upton (Lead Technician) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted and technicians selected the week of October 7th.